Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Back to Bella: Blog Inspiration


1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Back to Bella is still in the works, but I am very excited about the direction it's heading in. For years, I've been struggling with keeping up with my blog because it's been so hard to figure out its purpose. I didn't believe I was blogging for the right reasons, but I knew deep down that I loved blogging. So I am so excited after taking a year hiatus to announce that I am back. And yes, with a new blog name. Again. Sorry.

Back to Bella is exactly what it means: the blog is getting back to me and who I am, what I like, what inspires me, and more. Before when I blogged, I focused solely on fashion and becoming a "fashion blogger" when truthfully, as much as I love the fashion world, I love blogging about everything that resonates with me. That usually means more than just fashion. So now I am a self-proclaimed fashion and lifestyle blogger. Not much of a difference, but for some reason I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and more importantly, a clearer mind to get things rolling.

This blog is me getting down to the bare bones - thus going back to the basics (hoho, see what I did there?). It's a reminder for me for whenever I start to stray from my philosophy, to get back to what makes me Bella and to stay grounded. A lot of this has been reflected in my wardrobe. I've always gotten swept up into the tornado of fashion trends and after noticing my yearly pattern of purging out my closet, regretting almost every purchase made that only lasted a few wears, I ended up with the same loyal pieces that have witnessed and comforted me through it all. Now that I'm reaching my official "legal adult" year as a 21 year old, I found out what works best for me are basics. I love a good white tee, a pair of insanely comfy boyfriend jeans (thank you Gap), and I've practically worn my black ballet flats to death (but really, I should get another pair. What? Excuses? Maybe).

Above is my inspiration mood board for both my wardrobe and my blog. I'm loving minimalism, clean and crisp whites, chunky gray knits, funky patterns, and a touch of botanical influences. I'm even planning to redecorate my room (more posts on that to come). In the meantime, enjoy my mood board, make one of your own, and tell me what basics are your must-haves!

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment