Saturday, January 24, 2015

I Love My Boyfriend (Jeans)


Today, I had the pleasure of shooting with my sorority sisters, Jenn and Tiffany, to be featured in UC Davis' online magazine. When I was told to wear an outfit that described my style and personality, my boyfriend jeans were the first piece that jumped to mind. I love my skinnies, but boyfriend jeans have earned a special place in my heart... right next to chicken nuggets.




Leather jacket: Forever 21 | Scarf: Cotton on | Sweater: H&M | Boyfriend jeans: Gap | Heels: Aldo


Lately, the idea of wearing heels everyday and everywhere has been so appealing to me but impossible at a campus the size of UC Davis. Although I wore my favorite pointed heels for the shoot, I was glad to quickly change into my leopard slip-ons when we were done.

As you can tell, the minimal approach I've taken for my wardrobe has definitely not worn off. I'm obsessed with my basic pieces and mixing textures to make them stand out. A little gold jewelry never hurt either! My outfits have been darker, edgier, and more refined thanks to my excessive use of black, but I'm enjoying playing with boxier menswear-inspired silhouettes and balancing it out with feminine touches.

I'm slowly getting into the groove of dressing up and looking forward to more photoshoots. Here's to keeping this momentum going!




1 comment: