Friday, February 13, 2015

Cherry Lips, Crystal Skies



Happy Valentine's Day! I planned this fun Valentine's-themed shoot for an upcoming blog post on Dormify and thought I'd share more looks with you all too.



I pictured something like a '50s diner, sock-hop vibe with a more light-hearted and playful background, but I had to work with what I got in this small college town. The midi skirt was definitely my favorite piece in the look and had the best time twirling around in it. The whole outfit is from Forever 21, except my Aldo heels and Dollar Tree sunglasses.


A Valentine's shoot would be incomplete without a special appearance from the boyfriend. He's extremely camera shy but stuck it out for me. 



Did I mention it was freezing cold that day?! I paraded around campus with my #hypeteam (our inside joke) mid-January and garnered plenty of confused and amused looks from my fellow Aggies. Props to Victoria's Secret models for shooting swimsuit catalogs in the winter. They're the real MVPs.

This Valentine's we're laying low since we've spent a bulk of our money on Taylor Swift concert tickets (yaaas, finally, my first concert!) and a spring break Vegas trip with our friends. Now that I'm even closer to graduating, I'm putting more value on the experiences I share with the people around me. Galentine's is just as important as Valentine's, so I hope my awesome friends out there are having a blast with some well deserved self-love.

In other news, I've been playing Meghan Trainor's album "Title" non-stop this week. I think it's the perfect soundtrack for this year's chocolate love-fest. Hope you all are bursting with the cheesy goodness that comes from your special someone!


No comments:

Post a Comment