Monday, September 21, 2015

Pink and Paisley



I'm so excited to finally get a picture at this pink wall at Paul Smith in Melrose. I know what you're thinking: "Bella, you don't even like the color pink." It's true. I actually am not attracted to the color pink whatsoever, especially when it comes to my wardrobe. Although you will probably never catch me wearing pink, I actually love pink objects when the pink is used obnoxiously. And this pink wall is LOUD.


Jenn (my housemate, which you all probably know by now) and I have been planning weekly OOTDs to keep our Instagram feed fresh and active. *Thumbs up emoji* I was initially not as excited because my clothing selection has been extremely limited since my move, but I'm starting to like the challenge it creates. It pushes me to stop relying as much on just my clothing items and to focus more on things like accessories and makeup, something I usually overlook.

Dress & Sunglasses: Forever 21 | Boots: Report

One of my favorite things about this look is the paisley print. I've never been drawn to paisley, mostly because I just envision the poorly colored bandanas with the print at my local Walgreens whenever I look at it. So I surprised myself when I pulled this simple swing dress from the rack. Since it's in black and the shape is so classic, I found the print to be more muted and the overall piece versatile instead of being something potentially glaringly bold. I pictured wearing it with my leather jackets in the fall/winter and transforming it into something more playful in the spring/summer with colorful accessories.

Jenn: Pose with your leg popping up!
Me: What??? *kicks leg back and forth like I'm doing blogilates*

I went with the playful route by wearing a bright purple lipstick from MAC in the shade "Heroine". It's in my top 5 favorite lipsticks ever because of how easily it can change the vibe of any look. I think its alluringly fun and different without making you feel too self-conscious. You can't see it well in the photos since most of them were from afar, but trust me when I say I think it made the outfit!

This pink wall is definitely becoming a prime location for Instagram. We met two other groups while we were there, and Jenn even took their pictures (like the photographer that she is). I wonder if management of that Paul Smith will decide to paint it over to get rid of the traffic. They didn't seem too happy that we were taking up their parking spots!

After the shoot, Jenn got gelato, during which we randomly decided to go to eat ramen for dinner. And the most glorious thing happened...


I bumped into Nick Blood (Hunter) and Iain de Caestecker (Fitz) from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I swear I was the epitome of the *screams internally* meme. Having never met celebrities, I acted in the most typical way which included an embarrassing amout of smiles and shaking. Luckily for me the guys were friendly, but we didn't talk much since we were seated soon after. Los Angeles, how can I ever repay you? It's been a month and you've already been so good to me.

Shameless plug for the show because I got to see these beauties: New season starts Sept. 29th!

P.S. How great am I doing with this consistent blogging thing, y'all?!


No comments:

Post a Comment