Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hello October

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Can you believe another season has come and gone? It's officially autumn -- the introduction chapter to my favorite time of the year (which is winter, of course). Something about shorter days, overcast, and brisk weather just makes me feel at ease. Southern California hasn't seem to have gotten the memo yet, as it is still in the high 90s right now. *Sigh* In time... ya'll. In time.

Jenn has already started decorating our home with acorn garlands, metallic accents, and -- you guessed it -- pumpkin spice candles. We're both pretty excited to start making the house our own cabin-like cot. She even got a plaid reindeer head (pictured after the jump)!



Earlier this week, we did a quick shoot to showcase some knit dresses (similar) from Everly and it's pretty much my dream lookbook. Mounds of sheets, reindeer heads, and tons of texture. Is this not the epitome of fall?

Jenn pretty much blew me away with her knowledge of photography. I always seem to forget to give photographers credit for how technical the skill is. It's much more than having an artistic eye. You have to know how to manipulate what you see. You would've never guessed these photos were actually taken at night, but Jenn used a gray card that transformed my dimly lit room into a dreamy white wonderland. It's probably a beginner's lesson in photography but I never bothered to learn so I was dumbfounded for a good five minutes, constantly exclaiming how cool it was.


This fall, I'm really looking forward to learning to bake from scratch. It's one of the goals I set for myself. The extent of my baking knowledge is the instructions on the back of a Betty Crocker cake mix box. I've had my eye of this Apple Cider Donut recipe and I've been dying to try it. Not gonna lie, more than half the reason I want to start baking is to fill the house with the delicious aroma of cookies and pies. It's weird to say but I think scents can make me feel physically warm. Does anyone feel the same way?


My reaction when Jenn told me I get to be covered in blankets for the shoot. It's great having a photographer as a roommate sometimes. Hope you all are having a great start to fall! Here's to rainy days and flu shots. 

Wait what?


No comments:

Post a Comment