Saturday, September 12, 2015

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes


Contrary to probably not-so-popular belief, the Bates Motel is not a real motel. Hilariously and unknowingly, my roommate's friend was pretty mortified to hear that we were going to have a photoshoot there because she was afraid it was haunted. The abandoned motel where the current all-white "Bates Motel" is standing is actually called Sunset Pacific Motel and is an art installation by Vincent Lamouroux named ProjectionLA. It's also between Sunset and Bates Ave. Ooooh. Yeah, we had that "ah-ha" moment too.

So what am I doing in Los Angeles, you ask? Is it an innocent road trip or end-of-summer sha-bang?Nope. I made the (semi-permanent) move to Southern California!



Whenever someone learns about my move, the first thing they say is "you're so brave!" which is probably the only time in my life I've ever heard myself being described as such. I am far, far from brave but it's true: it was very uncharacteristic of me to do something so drastic and on a partial whim. What can I say? Drake's motto has really gotten to me.

After graduating, it was just too hard to say goodbye to my well-acquainted freedom from college. I wasn't ready to move back home with my parents and I definitely wasn't financially stable enough to live on my own. Serendipity worked its magic, and my lovely sorority sister/galfriend was looking for a housemate back in her hometown. Thus, Bella in SoCal became reality.


My heart belongs in the Bay, for sure, but I'm taking this time of uncertainty to grow and push my boundaries. I've already tackled my fear of driving in LA traffic! Let's hope my time in SoCal turns into something grander than the increase in my pants size. The food here is really that undeniable.


But let's talk about the fashion, shall we? This awesome lightweight striped dress is from Everly Clothing, a new-found obsession discovered through my housemate. The brand is carried at Nordstrom and Amazon if you ever want to check it out. It was probably one of the most comfortable dresses I've ever worn, albeit a bit sheer. I think it'd be a great base piece for layering in the fall. Pairing it with the wool hat already gave me so many ideas. Check back next week for my second look featuring Everly Clothing!




PC: Jenn Wu Photography (aka my awesome housemates who will make sure I'll be updating this blog a lot more with looks!)


No comments:

Post a Comment