Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Not A Lot Going On At The Moment


Turning (and feeling) 22 wouldn't have been complete without an outfit homage to the happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time woman herself: Taylor Swift. How many outfits have I dedicated to Miss Swift by now? I feel like this is a not-so-secret fan blog at this point. But in all honesty, I've admired Taylor's outfit for quite some time now and since it is my "trick-or-treat yo'self" birthday month, I decided to semi-splurge on an outfit.



Is it me or do birthdays seem less exciting as you grow older? I don't think I've been enthusiastic about my birthday for some time now. I'm not necessarily upset about getting older or anything, I just feel like it's nothing that needs to be celebrated. It's probably just my personality as of late though; staying under the radar. Says the girl who runs a public blog for all of the internet to see. Ok Bella *rolls eyes*.


Taylor definitely knew what she was talking about when she wrote "22". I know I'm just starting my 20s, but it really does feel like a time of self-discovery. You're an adult but not quite considering you're fresh out of college and trying to build traction for your career. On top of that, you're learning what friendship means once you're not in immediate proximity and you learn to value those you gravitate towards during your time of need. You're experiencing a lot of things at once, and you're not given much slack for it.

As insightful as I'd love to seem, your 20s isn't something you can quite gauge until maybe a few years later. That kind of hindsight needs to be compiled of many introspective nights and adventurous days to really express the magnitude it has on you. So instead of telling you what I think 22 feels like, I'll tell you what I hope it'll feel like. Turning 22 will mean another year to get things right... and wrong. Here's to another year of being alive, to being responsible for your own choices, and to making the most of what you have. Sounds almost like a New Year's Resolution but maybe that's when they should really be made. Not the start of a new calendar year, but a new year for yourself.


For the outfit, I wanted something similar to Taylor's black overalls but at a shorter length because I knew it would be impossible to find a well-fitting one for someone my height. I was going to settle for an overalls dress hybrid but found this romper (I think?) at Forever 21 and thought it'd be versatile enough for all seasons. I added length by wearing knee high socks and topped off the look with a large brimmed hat. I'm looking forward to exploring other outfit options with the romper since it's very different from what I'd usually wear and have in my closet. I really loved how it turned out though and even found it in me to bare a very little ounce of skin from the crop top.


2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog looking at Dormify and your content is amazing! Great styling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Viviane,

    Thanks for checking out my blog and your kind words :) I'll be sure to check your's out too!

    ReplyDelete