Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Those Are Swans, Not Flamingos


Imagine the earth-shattering moment Jenn exclaimed, "those are swans, not flamingos!" The doe-eyed look on my face could never express the sadness that overcame my body (and the feeling of utter stupidity). How many times have I looked at the countless flamingos-now-swans in their screen printed eyes and gushed over how much I loved them. The betrayal.



Swans. *Scoff* Suddenly the cool factor of my $7 clearance H&M shirt plummeted at least 10 points. More importantly, how could I go so long without noticing they were not in fact flamingos? Am I so simple to have just assumed any pink bird was automatically a flamingo? So much for attention to detail; I guess I should cross that off my list of skills and assets.


As per usual, Jenn and I went on a mini photoshoot adventure after I took care of some personal bidness in Santa Monica. We decided to visit the Venice Canals and were sadly underwhelmed. The drought worked its dark magic and the canals were pretty much dried out. It was also an unusually chilly and foggy day, so instead of looking like the summer stunner we expected, it was actually a tad eerie.

Shirt: H&M | Skirt: Forever 21 | Heels: Aldo

I was in dressed business casual but did a quick blouse change and tada! My new look. I went for a subtle Miami Vice, run-down retro, grainy film look while I was editing the photos just because I felt like the environment suited it, but I wish my outfit reflected the feel more. Unfortunately for me, that was the best I could do. Yes, changing my blouse was the best I could do, give me a break.


We met a slightly chubby orange cat as we were strolling along, so naturally, I named it Garfield and proceeded to call it my cat. Sorry to Garfield's actual owners. I tend to pretend everyone's pets are my own. Because they are. Kind of. Not.


Cheesy photo alert! Another couple passed us on the bridge (the woman was also doing some photography of her own) and ask us if we were doing an engagement shoot. I almost wanted to jump off that 6 feet bridge. I know I'm dressed slightly above casual and it's a lace white skirt but I don't see how his Adidas soccer pants scream, "we're getting married and this is how we want to announce it to the world!" So no, I laughed and politely brushed off her comment. Trust me ya'll, if you're expecting an engagement shoot, best believe I have higher standards *snapsnap*.

Side note: it's the best time of the year! I wish I had the enthusiasm and just overall motivation to do more holiday-related posts, but no luck. Hoping to squeeze in one more Christmas-themed shoot for the blog and maybe a wrap-up post of my year favorites. I'm celebrating the holidays sans familia this year, so that will be a big adjustment for me. I know I have to make a home out of SoCal eventually, so this is it. My first year without family and in a new city.

Are there any topics you want me to touch on? Any burning questions for me to answer as the year comes to a close? Did you just accidentally stumble upon my blog and suddenly feel a surge of pressure from these bombarding questions? "I don't know you girl!!" Sorry about that. When you start blogging you assume all of the internet is listening when in actuality my housemate is probably the only other person reading this.

This has gone on long enough. If another post doesn't come within the next few weeks, see you next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment